Nail technicians play an important role in the beauty industry. They are responsible for providing clients with manicures and pedicures, as well as advising them on the best products and treatments for their nails. In Wyoming, nail technicians must be licensed by the state in order to practice. The requirements for licensure include completing a nail technician training program and passing a written exam. Nail technicians in Wyoming can enjoy a variety of perks, including flexible hours, the ability to work from home, and good pay. Want to learn more? Continue reading to learn about how to become a nail tech in Wyoming and find a nail tech program near you.
Nail Tech Schools in Wyoming
|id||keyword||barber||cosmetology||esthetician||hair||makeup||nail||beauty||general||School Specialties||School Name||full_address||Street Address||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||Learning Environment||Rating||Reviews||5star||4star||3star||2star||1star||Image||Pricing||Description||hours||hours_info||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||Schools in This Area||Details|
|26||nail tech schools near Laramie WY||0||1||1||0||0||1||1||0||Cosmetology, Esthetician, Nail Tech||Basics School of Beauty||2000 Fairgrounds Rd, Casper, WY 82604||2000 Fairgrounds Rd||Casper||WY||82604||RJJP+4J Casper, Wyoming||(307) 237-5577||42.83||-106.36||42.8303579-106.3634302||Beauty school||4.30||25 reviews||17||4||1||1||2||Thursday, 9AM to 9PM; Friday, Closed; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, 1 to 5PM; Tuesday, 9AM to 5PM; Wednesday, 9AM to 5PM. Hide open hours for the week||Closed ‚ãÖ Opens 9AM||1 to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 9PM||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|178||nail tech schools near Laramie WY||0||1||1||0||0||1||1||0||Cosmetology, Esthetician, Nail Tech||Cheeks Beauty Academy||207 W 18th St, Cheyenne, WY 82001||207 W 18th St||Cheyenne||WY||82001||45MM+M7 Cheyenne, Wyoming||https://cheeksusa.com||(307) 637-8700||41.13||-104.82||41.1341972-104.8167724||Beauty school||4.70||40 reviews||33||4||1||1||1||Thursday, 9AM to 5PM; Friday, 9AM to 5PM; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, Closed; Tuesday, 9AM to 5PM; Wednesday, 9AM to 5PM. Hide open hours for the week||Closed ‚ãÖ Opens 9AM||Closed||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||Closed||Closed|
|1,369||nail tech schools near Laramie WY||0||1||1||1||0||1||1||0||Cosmetology, Esthetician, Hair Styling, Nail Tech||Rocky Mountain Academy of Hair, Skin, and Nails||315 E 5th St, Casper, WY 82601||315 E 5th St||Casper||WY||82601||RMWH+67 Casper, Wyoming||https://rockymountainacademy.net||(307) 237-4247||42.85||-106.32||42.8455534-106.3218347||Barber shop||4.20||55 reviews||40||3||1||2||9||Thursday, 9AM to 7PM; Friday, Closed; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, 9AM to 7PM; Tuesday, 9AM to 7PM; Wednesday, 9AM to 7PM. Hide open hours for the week||Closed ‚ãÖ Opens 9AM||9AM to 7PM||9AM to 7PM||9AM to 7PM||9AM to 7PM||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|School Specialties||School Name||City||Zip Code|
Schools in This Area:
State Requirements for Nail Technician Licensing in Wyoming
- Four hundred (400) hours of schooling from an approved nail technology institute.
- Mandatory license renewal every two (2) years.
How Much Do Wyoming Nail Tech Programs Cost?
On average, you’ll pay about $4,500 for a nail tech program in Wyoming, but that can vary a bit depending on which program you ultimately decide to attend. Below you can see some programs and their associated pricing to give you a better idea of what to expect.
- Styles School of Cosmetology (Riverton) – $4,000
- True Colors Cosmetology (Gillette) – $5,000
- Rocky Mountain Academy of Hair, Skin, and Nails (Casper) – $4,500
Required Skills and Classes
By law, Wyoming requires nail technology students to complete a 400-hour training which is divided into the following topics:
- Chemistry and theory of nail technology – 65 hours
- Application of nail technology – 200 hours
- Professional standards – 50 hours
- Wyoming law – 10 hours
- Discretionary education – 10 hours
- Theory of nails – 65 hours
- Nail anatomy, physiology, structure, and diseases
- Nail technologies, including infection control, disinfection, and safety
- Manicures, pedicures, electric files, massage, acrylics, gels, tips, wraps, and exfoliation
State Licensing Exam
Nail technology graduates are entitled to take the next step which is to register for the State exams. The completed form must be submitted to the Wyoming Board of Cosmetology with the following address:
Parkway Plaza Hotel
123 West E Street
Casper, WY 82602
- Written Exam – the theoretical portion of the exams will be mainly divided into 2 concepts:
- Nail technology procedures – 55 percent
- Manicure and pedicure procedures
- Client protection and client services
- Advanced nail procedures
- Scientific concepts – 45 percent
- Nail product chemistry
- Nail anatomy and physiology
- General human anatomy and physiology
- Infection control and sanitation
- Nail technology procedures – 55 percent
- Practical Exam – examinees are required to demonstrate their ability to perform the following procedures which will be graded by an evaluator based on rules of infection control, client protection, and safety:
- Set up – 10 minutes
- Manicure – 20 minutes
- Nail tip application – 20 minutes
- Nail wrap procedure – 20 minutes
- Nail sculpturing – 20 minutes
- Application of nail polish – 10 minutes
Application by Reciprocity – an applicant with a nail technician license from another state may also acquire a in Wyoming provided the following requirements are met:
- Has completed training that is at least 400 hours and is equivalent to Wyoming’s nail technology requirements.
- Has passed both portions of the nail technician licensure exams (written and practical).
- Current nail technician license holder and is in good standing from the state of origin.
How Much Do Nail Techs Get Paid in Wyoming?
The current state average pay rate is $14.16 per hour or $29,450 annually. A big selling point for this position is job growth. According to CareerOneStop, the demand for nail care specialists within this state will increase by 10% over the next decade.
Does Wyoming Have Continuing Education Requirements for Nail Technicians?
Wyoming does not require nail technicians to earn continuing education credits as part of the license renewal process. You will need to pay a licensing fee and submit a renewal application every two years by your birthday to maintain your licensed status.
Contact Information for Licensing Board
Nail techs can reach the state board with licensing questions using the following information.
Board of Cosmetology
Address: 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 302, Cheyenne, WY 82002
Email: [email protected]