There are many reasons to find and apply to a makeup school. Wyoming is home to some of the best schools in the country, and they offer a wide variety of programs to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a traditional program or something more unique, you’re sure to find a school that’s right for you.
|id||keyword||barber||cosmetology||esthetician||hair||makeup||nail||beauty||general||School Specialties||School Name||full_address||Street Address||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||Learning Environment||Rating||Reviews||5star||4star||3star||2star||1star||Image||Pricing||Description||hours||hours_info||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||Schools in This Area||Details|
|149||makeup schools near Gillette WY||0||1||1||0||1||0||1||0||Cosmetology, Esthetician, Makeup||Swift Beauty Institute||1211 S Douglas Hwy #130, Gillette, WY 82716||1211 S Douglas Hwy #130||Gillette||WY||82716||7GJ4+WJ Gillette, Wyoming||(307) 682-0242||44.28||-105.49||44.2823613-105.4935303||Beauty school||3.50||2 reviews||1||0||0||1||0||Wednesday, 9AM to 5PM; Thursday, 9AM to 5PM; Friday, Closed; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, 9AM to 5PM; Tuesday, 9AM to 5PM. Hide open hours for the week||Closed ‚ãÖ Opens 9AM Thu||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|464||makeup schools near Gillette WY||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||1||Makeup||Gillette College Technical Education Center||3251 S 4-J Rd, Gillette, WY 82718||3251 S 4-J Rd||Gillette||WY||82718||7F7R+JX Gillette, Wyoming||https://sheridan.edu||44.26||-105.51||44.264395-105.5080159||Technical school||5.00||10 reviews||10||0||0||0||0||Wednesday, 8AM to 4PM; Thursday, 8AM to 4PM; Friday, 8AM to 4PM; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, 8AM to 4PM; Tuesday, 8AM to 4PM. Hide open hours for the week||Closed ‚ãÖ Opens 8AM Thu||8AM to 4PM||8AM to 4PM||8AM to 4PM||8AM to 4PM||8AM to 4PM||Closed||Closed|
|741||makeup schools near Laramie WY||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||1||Makeup||WyoTech||1889 Venture Dr, Laramie, WY 82070||1889 Venture Dr||Laramie||WY||82070||893H+CJ Laramie, Wyoming||https://wyotech.edu||(307) 742-3776||41.30||-105.62||41.3036094-105.6209492||Trade school||4.20||104 reviews||75||10||2||1||16||Wednesday, 9AM to 8PM; Thursday, 9AM to 8PM; Friday, 8AM to 5PM; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, 9AM to 8PM; Tuesday, 9AM to 8PM. Hide open hours for the week||Open ‚ãÖ Closes 8PM||9AM to 8PM||9AM to 8PM||9AM to 8PM||9AM to 8PM||8AM to 5PM||Closed||Closed|
|1,637||makeup schools near Rock Springs WY||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||1||Makeup||Western Wyoming Community College||2500 College Dr, Rock Springs, WY 82901||2500 College Dr||Rock Springs||WY||82901||HQR7+F5 Rock Springs, Wyoming||https://westernwyoming.edu||(307) 382-1600||41.59||-109.24||41.5911812-109.23703||Community college||4.60||111 reviews||84||17||4||2||4||$|
|2,352||makeup schools near Gillette WY||0||1||1||0||1||0||1||0||Cosmetology, Esthetician, Makeup||True Colors Cosmetology Training Center||1103 E Boxelder Rd Suite Q, Gillette, WY 82718||1103 E Boxelder Rd Suite Q||Gillette||WY||82718||7GH6+7C Gillette, Wyoming||https://truecolorscosmetology.com||(307) 682-0242||44.28||-105.49||44.2782002-105.4889372||Beauty school||4.50||17 reviews||14||1||0||1||1||Wednesday, 9AM to 5PM; Thursday, 9AM to 5PM; Friday, 9AM to 5PM; Saturday, Closed; Sunday, Closed; Monday, 9AM to 5PM; Tuesday, 9AM to 5PM. Hide open hours for the week||Closed ‚ãÖ Opens 9AM Thu||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||9AM to 5PM||Closed||Closed|
|School Specialties||School Name||City||Zip Code|
Schools in This Area:
State Requirements for Makeup Artist Licensing in Wyoming
To qualify as a makeup artist within, a candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Educational attainment of 10th grade or higher
- In possession of an aesthetician license with at least 600 hours of education
- In possession of a cosmetology license with at least 2,000 hours of education
How Much Do Wyoming Makeup Schools Cost?
The average makeup artist school will cost you about $8,200 according to the website collegetuitioncompare.com. If you go for a license in cosmetology, you’ll have to pay quite a bit more, as the average cost of those courses in Wyoming run $16,000 or more. However, they do offer a wider range of job opportunities and often better pay.
Required Skills and Classes
Cost is only one aspect of learning, the quality of training is just as important. Accredited Wyoming schools will have the following subjects for each program.
- Esthetics – the Board of WY requires an approved program to have 590 hours of coursework and 10 discretionary hours. Subjects include, but are not limited to:
- Skin anatomy and physiology
- Facials and treatments
- Physical and chemical exfoliation
- Non-medical and non-ablative machines
- Hair removal
- Makeup application
- Body treatments
- Chemical treatments of the lashes and brows
- Disinfection, infection control, and safety
- Facial steaming and masks
- Wyoming law
- Cosmetology – the 2,000-hour curriculum will be spread over the length of the program. Subjects taught in this discipline are:
- Theory of scalp and hair
- Hair technology and chemistry
- Application of hair technology
- Theory of nails and related structures
- Theory of nail technology and chemistry
- Application of nail technology
- Skin theory
- Chemistry and theory of skin technology
- Applications of skin technology
- Professional standards and ethics
- Wyoming state laws and regulations
State Licensing Exams
Students that complete the specified training will have the chance to take the licensure exams. Candidates must file an application and must pay the necessary fees. Once these are accomplished, they will receive a notification that details the time, date, and venue of the said exams.
- Esthetics – the goal in taking the 2 exams is to score at least 75% to acquire a license. A $75 fee must be paid 15 days before the exam schedule.
- Written Exam – this exam is designed to evaluate the examinee’s knowledge of the theory of skin science, esthetics procedures, and safety and infection control.
- Practical Exam – a live model will be required for this test. Participants will need to bring kits of their own. Aside from esthetic-specific techniques, the following safety protocols will be used as a means of evaluation:
- Disinfecting your equipment
- Disposing of waste in properly labeled containers
- Containing any blood that might be spilled
- Cosmetology – examinees of this discipline will not only deal with esthetic-related concepts but also be tested on additional ones as illustrated below.
- Written Examination:
- Hair care and services – 40%
- Scientific concepts – 30%
- Nail care and services – 15%
- Skincare and services – 15%
- Practical Examination:
- Client protection during a proper setup – 10 minutes
- Thermal curling – 10 minutes
- Hair cutting – 30 minutes
- Chemical waving – 20 minutes
- Hair coloring and lightening – 20 minutes
- Chemical relaxing – 25 minutes
- Facial – 10 minutes
- Sculptured nail – 20 minutes
- Written Examination:
How Much Do Makeup Artists Get Paid in Wyoming?
Aside from working in salons and spas; makeup artists within WY can also specialize in other fields such venues such as film production, theaters, and the like. The median salary for those working as makeup artists in Wyoming is $19,903 per year according to salary.com.
Does Wyoming Have Continuing Education Requirements for Makeup Artists?
No continuing education credits are required for makeup artists in Wyoming, though they will need to renew their licenses every two years.